capt tony's-key west

Last year, my husband and I took a weekend getaway to Key West, we did the ever famous Duval street and visited capt Tony's saloon. Apparently this establishment was also "the original sloppy joes, also). If you've never been there it is a sight. First of all, there is a huge tree growing in the center of it. And I mean TREE... roots in the ground and branches out the roof. Very cool. Don't know how the insurance company lets it stay, but I'm glad they do. In addition to the massive tree, there are BRAS. Lots of them. Somehow, ladies feel compelled to leave them there. (no, I wasn't wearing one that day- tank top with built in) Along with the bras, there are various mementos from all the people that have visited. Dollar bills, notes, business cards, and tons of photos. So, after my husband and I cooled off with a nice cold bud we were sucked into the vortex of leaving our mark. Here is our wedding picture being placed. We are going to Islamorada soon for a fishing trip and are planning a drive to Key West one afternoon to see if our mark is still there (and to get some Baby's coffee- YUM.) If you've never had Baby's coffee... well that's a whole new blog. Maybe later.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You keep me hanging on!! ;-)